Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Term 1 2020 Week 5

 


We love learning!

Learning to write down our ideas takes lots of thinking. Here we are practising writing some of the words we will need for today's stories.

















Watermelon Fractions


We have been learning about halves and quarters. We loved learning with watermelon. 
 Cut the watermelon into two equal pieces and you have 2 halves. The watermelon is cut in half.

 Cut each half in half again to make four equal pieces. These are called quarters. Each piece is a fraction of the whole watermelon.










The pieces got smaller and smaller each time they were cut in half. Then we shared the watermelon equally so that everyone had the same number of pieces.
At last we ate the watermelon and it was sweet, juicy and delicious . . . just what we needed on such a hot day!

The Watermelon Echo Song
"Oh no, (Oh no!)
I just swallowed (I just swallowed)                            
A watermelon seed (A watermelon seed)                
Will I grow a watermelon (Will I grow a watermelon)       
Deep in me? (Deep in me?)"



"Oh no, (Oh no!)
That seed won't grow (That seed won't grow)                            
In my tummy (In my tummy)                
There's no rain or sunshine (There's no rain or sunshine)       
Deep in me? (Deep in me?)"



No comments:

Post a Comment